Jan 29, 2021
THE NEW MINI 3-DOOR HATCH, 5-DOOR HATCH AND MINI CONVERTIBLE.
20 years after the launch of the modern MINI, the latest model generation presents itself in top form with an intensive makeover for the MINI 3-door Hatch, the MINI 5-door Hatch and the MINI Convertible.
The concept associated with the relaunch of the brand, namely to build premium cars for the small car segment, has turned into a unique and global success story. Today, MINI is the epitome of go-kart handling combined with an unmistakable look; it meets the highest standards in terms of technology and quality in its vehicle class.
"With the current model revision, the MINI has reached a level of maturity that makes it more exceptional in the small car segment with regard to design, product substance and premium quality, than ever before," says Bernd Körber, Head of the MINI brand. "The MINI is the original that stands out from the crowd and it continues to reinvent itself again and again."
Clear exterior design accents give it a purist appearance that emphasises the hallmark design features. In addition, the innovative Multitone Roof creates unique individualisation opportunities. In the interior, the extensively redesigned cockpit underlines the premium character of the MINI-3 Door Hatch, the MINI 5-Door Hatch and the MINI Convertible. Attractive additions to the range of standard and optional equipment, new exterior paint finishes, light-alloy wheels, interior and seating surfaces as well as innovative technology in the areas of chassis, driver assistance systems, operation and connectivity round off the latest update for the British brand's small car models.
- Purist look thanks to new front design.
- LED headlights now as standard equipment.
- Characteristic side scuttles in a new design.
- Redesigned rear apron, LED rear lights in Union Jack design now standard.
- World innovation: The Multitone Roof.
- New body colours and light alloy wheels.
- Newly-designed interior surfaces and air outlets.
- Redesigned steering wheels, optionally heated for the first time.
- Multifunctional instrument display with 5-inch colour display.
- Central instrument cluster with new Piano Black high-gloss surround, 8.8-inch display and modern graphics display as standard.
- New Ambient Light option with extended features.
- Electric parking brake available for the first time.
- Active Cruise Control now with Stop & Go function.
- Greater safety thanks to new lane departure warning and bad weather light.
- Piano Black exterior with extended features.
"The MINI’s increased product substance is visible at first glance and is noticeable everywhere," says project manager Petra Beck. "This applies to the design, the materials and the quality feel in the interior as well as to the numerous new functions with regard to operation, driving fun and driver assistance."
Local pricing and specification will be released in March with the cars arriving 2021.